Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Baie St Paul Canada Cup #1




Our first Canada Cup race of the season commenced at 12:00 noon Sunday May 13th. Here all of elite men and women, and junior men and women started. I was so nervous at the start, but I kept repeating in my head to have fun and relax. It was just a race. Starting out was wicked. I got so excited. A crazy french girl gav’er off the start and I stuck on her wheel. The course was really cool. Not really like any other I had been on. It was very flowy and didn’t have any real climbs. Up down, up down.... for 20km. Myself and three other girls switched positions for the first 2 laps, but on our final lap I put the hammer down and tried to stay with the crazy french girl. I ran out of water really close to the beginning of the lap, so it’s kind of a fuzzy scene. I got super dehydrated and pretty delirious. I raced like mad though. I wanted to catch crazy frenchie SOOO much. I didn’t end up catching her though, I finished a little less than a minute back, second place of the junior women. It was AWESOME. I was SOO stoked on my final results.

No comments: