Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bromont Disaster


So Bromont was a complete disaster. We got there on the Monday evening after Baie St Paul, leaving us plenty of time to pre-ride and get to know the course. First arriving, the hotel owners warned us the weather looked pretty bad for the week, but no one really listened as it was 22 degrees outside and SUNNY. We woke up Tuesday morning to pouring rain, wind and 2 degree temperatures. I went for a ride, but it was bitter and very unmotivating. Wednesday was no better, and Wednesday is usually like a mock race day, which means I was go out on to the course and hammer out a ideal race, in this case 3 laps. I got to the end of lap one and felt like screaming I was so cold and uncomfortable, I rode back to the motel after only an hour of riding. Thursday was also prettty disgusting out, although a little bit better so I went out and got the mock race in. By the time our race started Saturday it was actually kinda clear, cold, but clear non the less. To tell you the truth I went into the race not knowing how everything went together. The race commisaires had changed the course all around Friday, my rest day, so I didn't get a chance to pre-ride it again after they made the changes. It started on a flat to climb, so everyone hammered hard to get to the hill first. I was in second, sitting close on the crazy french girls wheel. I felt awesome. So excited and full of adrenaline. She was suffering out front and kept yelling at me in french something I couldn't make out...probably to take the lead for a while, but I'm not going to lie, I didn't, I just kept sitting there. At the top of the climb I felt awful. I kept getting head rushes and finally just threw up. After that little fiasco, I fully blacked out for a second and so then fell down a part of the downhill, flatting my front tire. By this time I was sitting about fourth, but we were in a tight pack. I struggled to change my flat as my hands were so shaky. I fixed it pretty fast and jumped back on. Not even 10 minuted later I flatted again, it was sooo annoying, but in appempt to fix it I ran out of CO2 and couldn't finish the race.

Presently I am sitting in our Tremblant hotel, sipping soy milk and cleaning ma bicyclette. The trails here are amazing, I am crazy about this course. It's going to be a fun weekend!

No comments: