Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yaletown Grand Prix

It all started with a bird. A pigeon with very good aim that is. Covered in bird shit on Monday while searching for an internet cafe to register for Yaletown the following day, my buddy Mike informed me, "Thats good luck you know". Road racing requires a little luck and I got a whole crap load of that at the Yaletown Grand Prix.

Yaletown was hard from the start, thanks to Jenn who drove the first 4 laps and busted the race apart. At about 20 laps to go Gillian from Total Restoration attacked and I went with her. We got into a good rhythm of pulling 1/2 laps each and agreed to split the primes to maintain cohesiveness. At 8 laps to go I knew we had it and began getting excited. With 2 corners left I attacked, but went to the outside with not quite enough uumph to go first into the last turn which is the position I knew I had to be to take it. Sometimes a break works and sometimes it doesn't. Glad this one did!Back in the bunch sprint, Lisa won the sprint securing third for the team.

A very, very big thanks to Ian for looking after my dog Angus during the race! And to all our support from Team Whistler, Giant, and the Local Ride!! We Giant/ Team Whistler girls are so lucky!!

No comments: