Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday; Bradner Course

Wow, Jenny is officially my hero!! Third place on a decently hilly course against the boys...can't say that she's not a climber anymore!

It was just Jenny and I to show for the team today, and a good showing it was.
The weather was much better than yesterday, it didn't rain until after the race at least. The B race started off with a bang...we passed the A's on the second lap of the race, and the pace was fairly relentless up the hills and false flats...lap after lap. Even with the fast pace, the pack impressively stayed intact pretty much to the end - well, sans moi! I fell off the back on lap 5 (twice!!) and got back on for lap 4 and about 75% of lap 3 (counting down from 10 laps), then waited (while I put out the smoke and fire in my legs..) at the finish line to watch Jenny sprint in to take 3rd. Yay! It was very exciting.
Learned so much today, starting to move around the pack much better than before. I can't WAIT until I'm strong enough to help with the finishes!!

See you at the races next weekend, and 'Good luck and have fun' to Chelsea (Pickle) and Kath (Shorty) at the ID Camp for the Canada Summer Games in Victoria this weekend. I know you ladies will be awesome!

Jenelle

No comments: