Friday, August 10, 2007

Kelowna's Individual Time Trial

The third stage of the Fresh Air Experience Fantastic Four was a ~8.2 individual time trial on Saturday evening. After already completing the hill climb on Friday evening and the road race on Saturday morning, everyone was feeling a little drained from the heat and of course the racing. But we prevailed!
This was a point-to-point time trial with two corners and a few small rollers along the way. I knew I had it in me to do really well on this course...8km TTs are my forte! With a blazing tail wind and some dragons to still slay after my national ITT misfortune, I edged out Leah Goldstein (Symmetrics) by just over 7 seconds for the win. Following Goldstein by another 7 seconds was our own Leah Guloien, rounding out the top three. Lisa Howard rolled in with a solid 5th place followed by Jenny Trew in 6th.
Thats four Giant riders in the top 10! Another day, another race, and another podium dominated by Giant! To the criterium we go. Watch out.

No comments: